Hello and welcome to my corner of Georgia at Red Roof Farm. My blog is about the things that make me the most happy...family, home, church, collecting primitive antiques, junk ( I mean treasure) hunting, decorating, getting my hands dirty outside, an assortment of crafts and making stuff. Whew!!! As if I need more to do with a full time job of teaching. I grew up on an 85 acre farm where we raised cows, hay and an occasional ruckus. Now, we raise horses, flowers, vegetables and kids. I hope to someday make a living from home, but I can't quit my day job just yet. Thanks for stopping by!!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Visitor of the four legged sort


Back a month or so ago, there was quite a commotion going on in our pasture courtesy of this little guy. We affectionately named him "Trouble" and he came from down the road. No...he doesn't belong to us, he came to visit Peaches and Shelby and decided to stay awhile. We had to call him something and "Trouble" seemed to fit him well. Peaches and Shelby certainly did not appreciate his affections. As it turns out, Trouble is a miniature mule and a "stallion" miniature mule. After a week or two, we finally caught him in a stall and shut the door on him. To be such a little guy, he sure is strong. It took both my husband and myself to get a rope on him in order to take him home. He did not want to leave his new found girlfriends and did not go home easily. We found that in order to move an unwilling mule (even a little one), you have to walk them backwards. Yes, we backed that ornery little thing all the way down the road to his home. I almost say "Good riddance", but he sure is cute!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment