Hello and welcome to my corner of Georgia at Red Roof Farm. My blog is about the things that make me the most happy...family, home, church, collecting primitive antiques, junk ( I mean treasure) hunting, decorating, getting my hands dirty outside, an assortment of crafts and making stuff. Whew!!! As if I need more to do with a full time job of teaching. I grew up on an 85 acre farm where we raised cows, hay and an occasional ruckus. Now, we raise horses, flowers, vegetables and kids. I hope to someday make a living from home, but I can't quit my day job just yet. Thanks for stopping by!!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall decorating

Here it is Sept. 19 and it will be in the low 90's here in Georgia with not a rain drop in sight. Never mind....I love fall and enjoy the color change on the mountain. I look forward to it every year. I have also enjoyed changing the look of the house with the seasons. I have to say however, decorating over the past two years has been difficult with being pregnant at my age and now having a boy that is a constant whirlwind. I swear he never slows down. But that's okay...he sure is fun. Anyway, I found this little cabinet at the World's Longest Yard Sale back in August. It was dug out of a barn in New Salem and when I opened the drawer to see if it in fact opened....there was a nest of dead mice. Lovely! I told the man I would take it if he got rid of the mice. He did and I brought it home. Its been sitting in the basement since August and today we took it to the front porch and I fixed it up. I have been saving my okra pods for just the right spot and now they are in the cast iron pot. The wire horse muzzle on the door is filled with little white pumpkins and the bird houses I have had for years. Can't wait to work on the rest of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment