Hello and welcome to my corner of Georgia at Red Roof Farm. My blog is about the things that make me the most happy...family, home, church, collecting primitive antiques, junk ( I mean treasure) hunting, decorating, getting my hands dirty outside, an assortment of crafts and making stuff. Whew!!! As if I need more to do with a full time job of teaching. I grew up on an 85 acre farm where we raised cows, hay and an occasional ruckus. Now, we raise horses, flowers, vegetables and kids. I hope to someday make a living from home, but I can't quit my day job just yet. Thanks for stopping by!!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Construction Project

My daughter is building a playground for her little brother. She needed a project for her agriculture class at school (she's in my class) and came up with an idea to build her little brother some sort of playground. Her dad decided we did not have the skills or time to build it from scratch so he found this playground from an online auction that benefits the Ronald McDonald House in Chattanooga. We won the "Chesapeake" model from the Swing-N-Slide Company for just $650.00. Regular price for these models are $1600.00. Her little brother is inspecting her work and is thrilled with the progress. She still needs to add the picnic table, monkey bars, climbing wall and landscaping. My daughter has done an awesome job and learned several new skills (how to use power tools, how to read and interpret directions and how to measure using a measuring tape. Most importantly she did this for her brother, afterall, she waited 13 years for him.

1 comment:

  1. Becky, what a wonderful project for Madison! I'm so impressed, that's real sibling love!!Keep us posted on the project!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete