Hello and welcome to my corner of Georgia at Red Roof Farm. My blog is about the things that make me the most happy...family, home, church, collecting primitive antiques, junk ( I mean treasure) hunting, decorating, getting my hands dirty outside, an assortment of crafts and making stuff. Whew!!! As if I need more to do with a full time job of teaching. I grew up on an 85 acre farm where we raised cows, hay and an occasional ruckus. Now, we raise horses, flowers, vegetables and kids. I hope to someday make a living from home, but I can't quit my day job just yet. Thanks for stopping by!!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The things we find

My husband and I get excited over very different things. For example, yesterday we were in an antique mall and I'm usually the one buying. He seldom buys anything. We were taking turns controlling our little "wildman" and believe me it takes a tag team. He was pitching one more fit because he wanted to touch every breakable object in the store. I heard my husband say "I found something I want". Thats unusual. I turned to look at him and he was holding an eight track tape player in fire engine red and the tag said it worked and it did work. I have listened to Abba all morning!!!

A few days ago, I was taking tomatoes to a neighbor and I found a little boy box turtle. I think its a boy? I remember reading somewhere that boy box turtles have red eyes and girl box turtles have brown eyes. Being the good citizen, I moved him out of the middle of the road and was going to take his picture again, but I made him mad. He was not coming out for a photo op!

3 comments:

  1. Hello there... thanks so much for stopping by.

    Welcome to blogland, you are going to have a lot of fun meeting some of the nicest people from all around the world. Be careful though it is very addictive.

    Love that shed, if you don't have the nerve I do... hahahaha... that would be an awesome little shop. Go for it.

    You have a great weekend and hopefully wherever you are is cool. It is nasty here in Canada.

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry forgot to mention your tape player... what a great find. So happy you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I'm so glad you let me know about your blog! Come see me, too and follow us on Facebook as well!
    Carol
    http://antiquesanduniques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete