Hello and welcome to my corner of Georgia at Red Roof Farm. My blog is about the things that make me the most happy...family, home, church, collecting primitive antiques, junk ( I mean treasure) hunting, decorating, getting my hands dirty outside, an assortment of crafts and making stuff. Whew!!! As if I need more to do with a full time job of teaching. I grew up on an 85 acre farm where we raised cows, hay and an occasional ruckus. Now, we raise horses, flowers, vegetables and kids. I hope to someday make a living from home, but I can't quit my day job just yet. Thanks for stopping by!!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Plum Cake

I first tried this cake at a school luncheon. A friend that baked it said it was made from baby food plums. My first thought was "no way am I going to eat that". I did try it and much to my surprise it was wonderful. I made it for Thanksgiving and it was a hit!!
Here's the recipe:




2 cups of self rising flour
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 jars baby food plums
1 cup vegetable oil

Mix all ingredients together. Bake in a bundt cake pan at 350 for
1 hours. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cake is cooled

No comments:

Post a Comment